WHITE STRAWBERRY LEMON SANGRIA
We all know that feeling. You’ve just arrived to a party, it’s a hot summer’s day, and you’re parched. Then you see it – sangria. Sweet, sumptuous, and with just enough fruit to make you feel healthy, sangria is the ultimate party drink. We’ve put a twist on this summer classic by adding strawberries and lemons for just a hint of tartness! Add some extra apples, oranges, or whatever other fruit your heart desires.
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 bottle of white wine (a dry white like Cavit Oak Zero Chardonnay is best)
- ½ cup of light rum
- 4 cups of lemon-lime soda
1) Add lemon slices, apples, and strawberries to a large pitcher.
2) Pour the entire bottle of wine and amount of rum over the fruit.
3) Refrigerate for 4 or 5 hours, or until ready to serve.
4) Remove from refrigerator, add lemon-lime soda.
5) Add a few pieces of leftover fruit for some extra flavor and garnish.
6) Pour yourself a big glass and serve!
(original recipe from Kitchen Treaty)