DIY: TWINE WRAPPED BOTTLE VASES
When preparing your home for a party (or just making it look more cozy in general), it can seem frivolous to spend money on expensive decorations and centerpieces that don’t offer much practical use. Getting a little crafty with your empty wine bottles and some twine to create new vases for flowers can really bring a rustic, yet chic feel to your home. Not only do these bottles make gorgeous table centerpieces, but they can also be great housewarming gifts for friends and family!
- 1 ball of waxed twine
- Glue gun
- Empty wine bottle(s)
- Decorative extras (plastic flowers, sea shells, etc.)
- Tie the twine tightly at the mouth of the bottle.
- Neatly begin wrapping twine around the bottle as evenly as possible, until the twine reaches the bottom of the bottle. Be sure to wrap each loop of twine as tightly together as possible, otherwise it may come loose or overlap.
- Once you reach the bottom of the bottle, tie another knot, trimming the loose ends with scissors if there is any excess.
- When everything is wrapped, you can leave your creation as is, or use glue to attach any extra embellishments you'd like!